Monday, October 6, 2008

Last Time with Grandma and Grandpa

My parents are leaving on a mission on October 13th. They are going to the Philipines. They are very excited. They have sold their house and cars and lots of their stuff. They moved into that house when I was 4 years old, so it is a little sad for me to see it go. They have been working hard to get it all packed up and ready to go. They just had their "Farewell" and it will be one of the last times that we will be there so I wanted a picture of each of the kids with mom and dad, and I took a couple in the house.









3 comments:

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

I don't know if it was the music, but I almost shed a tear looking at those pictures. I'm sure it was very hard to see you home for the last time.

tonya

Josh and Leslie said...

Josh will for sure be jealous! He worked with a ton of Filipino missionaries while on his mission in Alaska. He learned Tagalog and speaks to every Filipino person he meets! They are wonderful people...your parents will have a great time serving with them! I am coming to Logan next week, so I'll be sure and stop by to see you guys! Can you email me your number? Talk soon...

Gentry said...

Oh Angie, that is a sad thing seeing that your parents sold the house! I remember that house and so many memories there.....arcade games in the basement, all of our cooking classes, especially the one that if I would have given your dad a hug he was going to give us like $50 bucks. What was I thinking! Oh and all the sleepovers with the SLEEPLESS nights!! Makes me tired just thinking about it! haha. That's awesome for your parents!! They will be great missionaries! Tell them congrats and good luck for me! It is sad when the house you grew up in is no longer around. I felt the same way when my parents moved 2 years ago! I still have to drive past the old house occasionally to remember all the good ole days!