Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fun Times in Salt Lake City!!!



thThis last Saturday the girls and I went to Salt Lake this last weekend while the boys went to Bear Lake to go snowmobiling. There was a super bad accident on I-15 and Krissy and I and the girls got stuck in the traffic. We were on our way to our most favorite Mexican restaraunt. It should have taken 10 minutes or less to get there. However, it ended up taking us over 1 hour to get there. WELCOME TO GOOD OLD SALT LAKE. Now I remember why I love Cache Valley!!!! They ended up having to land a life-flight helicopter on the freeway so things were completely at a standstill... A few people were out of their cars trying to see what was going on and I actually hopped out to see if I could see anything too. And did I ever! I was way too far away from the accident to see anything like that but I saw a group of cheerleaders standing by their car and then they started stunting! It was so crazy! Cheerleaders stunting... on THE FREEWAY! I was glad I had my camera so that I could prove it!


We also took a few more pics too...


This is me and Lex at the yummiest ever Morelia!!!

So after a super yummy lunch (David does say hi Mom and Dad!), we headed up to the Draper Temple. It was really neat. It is so pretty. The Celestial Room has the coolest chandelier in it and it is gorgeous! The ceiling is so tall and, wow! It is just gorgeous! The way they had the "tour" set up though, you couldn't get a good picture of the temple at all... you parked at a church, got bussed to the temple and then entered these covered walkways and it took you right to the temple doors. Then when you exited you entered the covered walkways again and went right to the doors of a church and then right to the busses from there.... so this is the best pic we got.

Anyways, it was a fun and slightly adventurous day.

4 comments:

Krista said...

DUDE QUIT COPYING MY POSTS!!!!! You blog stealer!

Josh and Cara said...

Oh how I hate traffic! I'm sorry! That is crazy and was probably very funny about the cheerleaders!

Brad and Jamie said...

I hate traffic too - it is so frustrating! How nice of those cheerleaders to give you something to watch :) The Draper temple is beautiful - we took the kids on my birthday - they were so excited and we had a great time! Cute pics of you and the kids :)

Jan Kate Brower Arnell said...

I heard about that accident on the news... sorry you got stuck in it. I figure if you are going to put up with traffic in SLC you might as well be in California! jan